Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waves like the ocean...

Guess who got an early birthday present in the mail today...Me! :)

I discovered an awesome hair tool a few months back and I finally got one! It's the Hot Tools Deep Waver, and it's my new husband.
image from http://www.folica.com

I had purchased a 3-barrell waver a couple years ago and was disappointed with it. Then again, it was cheap and didn't get hot enough. I divorced him and am now in love with my much, much better waver. You can purchase this from Sally's for about $40. I ordered mine offline from Amazon, and then I found out I could have gotten it just as cheap in a store instantly. Oh well. It's here and I love it.

The temperature ranges from 280-430 degrees (Farenheit). It has a nice, long cord that I really liked because it always seems like my outlets are 3 miles away from my mirror. It's kind of bulky, but actually it has to be. How else are you suppose to make the barrells smaller but get the same effect? It just can't be a small tool. Go big or go home, right? You do have to be extremely careful when using this because it gets very hot. I burned my hand as soon as I turned it on. Little did I know that the barrells aren't protected with some sort of magical coating. You know how a flat iron gets hot all over, but you can still tolerate touching over top of the plates for a few seconds? Well, you can't with this bad boy. Nothing there. Just a bare waver that will burn the piss out of you. I grabbed that part right off the bat. Real smooth.

I have A LOT of hair, so it took me about 40 or 50 minutes to do my entire head. Obviously, this time frame will vary depending on your length and thickness of hair. You will definitely want to use a heat protectant. Like I said before, it gets HOT. I used CHI. I'm not inlove with the CHI heat protectant, but I paid like $15 for it so you better believe I'm using it all. I prefer the Tresamme kind. It smells better and much cheaper. Anyway, I'm getting off track. After finishing, I recommend using a texturizing mold/wax rather than hairspray. This will give you more flexibility and you won't be stuck with stiff, yucky hair. I used Surf Head by Wild Harvest Hair. It smells yummy too.


I guess I could stop rambling now and show you the finished product. I absolutely loved the results and I would recommend this to any girl. I know I need a lot of heat in order for my hair to hold a style, and this did the trick! Definitely worth the $40 and the time it took me to style it. Go buy this! Right now! :)



Enjoy!
xxoo


1 comment: