Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Step on a crack, brack ya momma's back

I found a new love affair: crackle nail polish.

I use to never paint my finger nails. I liked to keep them plain Jane and simple. When I did start painting them I used average colors like red and pink. I've now branched out and been using more fun and vibrant colors. I still wonder if I can pull it off as good as other girls, but I give it my best effort.

I came across crackle nail polish on youtube one day, as I come across most of everything beauty related there. What can I say? I'm obsessed with youtube. Anywho, I fell in love with it instantly. The brand that was being used most was OPI, which is like the Cadillac of nail polishes. It's pretty pricey for nail polish. I just can't bring myself to spend over $3 on a bottle. Unfortuantely, no crackle polish of any brand was sold locally. I was planning on ordering some online until Rite Aid introduced Sally Hansen Crackle. My first attempt to buy some was unsuccessful. They were sold out. Today, my dear sweet mother suprised me and bought me the black. I did a little dance to show my gratitude and excitement.

It's a pretty neat invention if I do say so myself. You have to be quick with it, though, because it drys super fast. You need to first apply a base coat of a different color as the crackle obviously. I chose baby blue :). Next comes the crackle. You can either apply a thin or thick coat. I prefer thin because I don't want the crackle color to be the dominant color. The key thing to remember is be QUICK. It's not normal polish that you can take your time and apply with care. You have to slap it on there and let it work it's magic. I believe my first attempt was fairly good for a beginner. I was/am quite pleased. [Pats back and grins]


 


No comments:

Post a Comment